Barnegat Bay Guardian Workshop
and Spill Spotters Training
July 28 in Waretown, NJ
7th Street and Navajo Drive
Waretown, NJ 08758
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Boaters, fisherman, and nature enthusiasts: Learn how to Preserve, Protect, and Monitor Your Bay by becoming a marine defender.
Join us for a FREE evening of learning and light refreshments where you will be taught how to become a citizen scientist and a steward of your local waterway through the Barnegat Bay Guardian Program and the Spill Spotters Network.
Topics discussed during the workshop will include :
* Overview of the Barnegat Bay Guardian Program
* Discussion of current issues facing the bay and how you can play an active role in protecting the bay
* What to look for and how to inform appropriate authorities about illegal or damaging boating and other activities in Barnegat Bay
* Understanding the impacts of oil spills and pollution on wildlife, habitat, and water
* How to use the Marine Defender app to report oil spills, pollution, algal blooms and other problems on the bay
After the workshop, participants will head outside and participate in a biological assessment of Barnegat Bay. Identifying and documenting our coastal natural resources is a vital first step in protecting them from harm.
Be prepared to get wet and muddy during the assessment portion of the program. Participants might also wish to bring bug spray.
Sign in for the program begins at 5:30 p.m. Program starts promptly at 6:00 p.m.
Registration is required via Eventbrite.
For more information about the American Littoral Society or to become a member, please visit www.littoralsociety.org
or call 732-291-0055.